Picture this: you're faced with a list of cold leads, waiting for a spark of interest.
Except, not much is happening. But no worries, I’m here to let you in on a little tip: warming up (or nurturing) leads is an art that can turn the coldest prospects into fiery conversions.
That’s right – it's time to shed light on the secrets of lead warming and empower you with tricks and strategies from real pros to transform those frosty leads into sizzling opportunities.
So get yourself a hot coffee or crack open a cold one, and I’m going to show you how to warm up leads like a pro.
(Oh, and I promise to stop with all the “hot & cold” puns.)
Using Emails to Warm up Leads
Here, I mean using emails to warm up a prospect so you can increase their buying intent and make them more likely to convert.
According to Leigh Hankin, a pro at outbound lead generation & sales, there's a methodical approach to warming up leads through email. Here's how Leigh does it:
“[B]y warming them up, I mean increasing their ‘buying intent’ for the upcoming sales meeting. Really important. I do this practically by using content that educates them about my offer before the call."
And Leigh's approach is spot-on.
The key to warming up leads effectively is to provide them with valuable content and insights that showcase the benefits of your product or service.
How to Create an Automated Lead Warm-up Sequence
By using an automated sequence, you can consistently engage with your prospects and keep your brand top of mind. But how can you create an effective email warm-up sequence?
Well, you can use a drip sequence that contains these 4 main parts:
- You start by sending them useful resources. This can be guides, walkthroughs, educational videos, etc.
- Then you follow up based on how they interact with your content. Did they visit your website? Watch your video? Attend a webinar you held?
- The next email should be loaded with case studies and success stories. Social proof is a powerful motivator, and it shows them what they can expect if they use your product/service.
- Finally, you’ll entice them with an offer they can’t refuse and CTA. Send them out a discount, offer a demo or free trial, or throw in a freebie.
Each of these emails will be sent a day or two apart and ultimately get your prospects to the point where they’re warmed up and ready to go down your sales funnel.
Now, you can’t guarantee that they will actually view the content you send over.
However, when you finally get on a call with them or a Zoom meeting, ask them right from the get-go if they had a chance to look them over.
If the answer is “yes,” then that’s a good indicator that they’re more likely to go through with the purchase.
Using Social Media to Warm up Leads
Of course, I love email marketing, but social media is another powerful tool in your belt that can be used to warm up leads and get them ready for a sale.
Plus, it has the added benefit of helping you build up an audience and grow your brand.
So how can you use social media to warm up leads? Here are some tips:
- Post interesting content: This one's a no-brainer, but it's super important. Share juicy tidbits of knowledge, entertaining stories, or inspiring quotes that your audience can't resist. Get creative with visuals like memes, videos, or eye-catching images to make your content pop.
- Engage with your followers: Show some love to the folks who engage with your content. Respond to comments and messages, thank them for their support, and ask them questions to get a conversation going.
- Get connecting: It's like making new friends but with a business twist. Find and follow accounts that are in tune with your target market. Connect with cool influencers, potential leads, and other brands. Be their number one fan by liking, commenting, and sharing their posts.
- Join groups and get active: Get in on the action by joining industry-related groups. And don’t just be a lurker: share your insights, drop some knowledge bombs, and be part of the conversation to network.
These tactics work well for sites like LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter, and even Reddit. Just remember that these places can be a goldmine for generating leads and warming them up.
Best Practices for Warming Up Leads
Follow these tips to make your warm-up efforts a success:
- Focus on Their Needs: Research their business and figure out what they're looking for. If you've tried selling to them before, learn from it and give 'em what they want this time around.
- Give, Give, Give: Share valuable resources like educational videos, case studies, free trials, or industry-related data. Show them you're all about helping and not just after their hard-earned money.
- Don't Move on Too Fast: Rome wasn't built in a day, and neither are relationships. It takes about 5 follow-ups on average to close a deal. Be persistent, but don't become that annoying person. Space out your follow-ups, and with each one, offer something valuable to keep the conversation rolling.
- Get Personal: Personalize your communication based on their interests, preferences, and pain points. Drop their name in emails or messages, refer to past chats, and give 'em tailored content that speaks to their unique needs. It's all about making them feel special.
- Leverage Social Proof: Show 'em you're the real deal! Share testimonials, success stories, or customer reviews that prove your worth. Let them see how others have benefited from your product or service.
Stay Cool; Warm up Your Leads!
OK, I know I said I was done with the puns, but I had to squeeze in one more.
But there you have it! You're now ready to start warming up leads just like pros.
Just remember, to make it happen, you need one essential ingredient: legit and valid email addresses. Luckily, I've got you covered with Findymail – my very own email finder and verification tool, crafted from the ground up. With Findymail, you can discover those elusive email addresses and make sure you’re sending your pitches to the right people! Give Findymail a try today and watch your sales efforts heat up.